BOOK-ISH stocks a wide selection of literature, new fiction, poetry, cookery books and writing , Welsh language aids and children’s books for all ages. Crickhowell and the surrounding area is known both for its wealth of local history and as a base for walking in the beautiful, dramatic Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains, we stock a wide range of local history books and local guide books, alongside a wide range of local walking books and OS maps.
Our range is small but diverse with most of our stock being hand picked. We welcome browsing as an important and enjoyable part of the book buying process. A book ordering service is available for any book currently in print and can usually be collected within a few days of an order being placed.
Alongside books we also stock:
- Unusual gifts, especially for book lovers including a lovely range of Penguin based gifts, stationary & reading aids.
- Toys and games including beautiful wooden toys, traditional games, jigsaws and puzzles, educational play sets, science kits and puppets.
- A wide range of unusual greetings cards, notecards & Wrapping paper.
- National book tokens & Book-ish gift vouchers.
- Book-ish cafe offering fresh, homemade cakes, snacks and lunches
We strive to be a community hub and regularly organise various events including poetry readings, workshops, illustrated talks and book-signings.
Why not visit our e-shop?