- Looking for a day out in Wales?
- Keen to try a new activity?
- Fancy exploring the beautiful Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal?
- Want to get up close to the wildlife?
- Take the children on an adventure?
- Relax and unwind with a group of friends?
Come to Brecon at the heart of the Brecon Beacons National Park and hire a luxury electric boat or Canadian canoe for the day, half-day or by the hour from the terminus of the Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal. Pack a picnic or enjoy lunch at one of the canalside pubs. You can even bring your dog along for the cruise!
Choose from two different sizes of electric boat:
- 8-seater (16′ long) for up to 8 people (no more than 6 adults)
- 6-seater (15′ long) for up to 6 people (no more than 4 adults)
- Each boat has a very quiet, electric engine and is simple to drive; it has a steering wheel and a throttle, and its maximum speed on the canal is 2½ miles per hour! No experience of boats is necessary as you’ll be given clear tuition before you set off.
- Should it rain, you simply pull up the rainproof cover and you’re sitting inside. Life jackets are provided for everyone.
- On board there is a boating pole for pushing off, mooring pins and a hammer for securing the boat and a lock handle to operate the locks and the lift bridges.
- Up to two dogs are welcome on each boat.
- A great day out for large groups in one of two 8-seater boats or four 6-seater boats
- 15′ long canoes suitable for 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children (maximum weight limit 40 stone). Each person has a single bladed paddle to propel the canoe along.
- Novices are welcome; you’ll receive instruction when you arrive.
- Up to two dogs can be accommodated in a canoe.
- We provide life jackets for everyone.
- On board there are mooring pins and a hammer for securing the boat. You don’t need a lock handle as canoes are not allowed in the locks. Instead carry the canoe around the lock to continue your journey.